PESFutebol.com - Pro Evolution Soccer Option Files Community

Welcome to the PES Futebol Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:15 am 
IP:
Site Admin

Why change the name from "Uiyre" ™ "eFootball"? Why Basic Play Free? Mr. May asked the producer what he was aiming for.

KONAMI's latest soccer game, eFootball™ Speaking of KONAMI, the Winning Eleven series is famous, but this game will be launched as a "completely new soccer game". In order to explore the aim of the latest work and future development, Seitaro Kimura of KONAMI, who serves as eFootball ™ producer, was interviewed by Mr. Masa, a professional player of Uiyre who belongs to Team HYDE.

Not the evolution of "Uiyre" New soccer game

Mr. May: First of all, I will ask you straight to me. What is your intention in the decision not to use the name "Uiyre", which has been popular for many years?

Kimura: First of all, a project to complete a new game engine for Uiyre was moving according to the timing of the next generation of home video game consoles such as playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. In addition to keeping up with the trend of the market, we thought that it was necessary to make it free to play free and to respond to cross-platform support that allows us to play and cooperate across device boundaries.

In response to changes in the game engine and business, he created a large cross-platform esports scene. To that end, we decided to unify what was called "Uiyre" in Japan and "Pro Evolution Soccer (PES)" overseas into "eFootball ™".

Mr. May, I was playing from "Uiyre 4 (World Soccer Live Winning Eleven 4)" released in 1999, so I feel lonely that Uiyre's name will not be used. But it's a new era, right?

Kimura: Uiyre has been evolving for a long time, but if the name of "Uiyre" is attached to this work, it will inevitably seem to be an extension of evolution. That's why I named it "eFootball™ brand name to express myself as reborn. I'm looking forward to your response and I'm afraid of it, but I changed it with considerable determination.

Maximizing esports as a platform

Mr. May: i tell you more about free to play that I mentioned earlier. In accordity with the trend of the market where various titles are being developed for free to play, the intention is to "want more people to come into contact with the game".

Kimura: Exactly. Free to Play and cross-platform support are not only market-ready, but also an effort to "maximize as an esports platform." I wanted to reduce the hurdles to participation as much as possible in order to create an environment where anyone can easily play if they want to play a soccer game.

Mr. May, actually, I asked the people around me, "Are you still doing wheelets?" When I hear that, there are many people who are playing but do not have the latest work.

Kimura: That's right. There are many people of the past form who do not buy the latest version or do not have the next generation machine, and "I used to do uiyre". So I steered big to "get all football fans to play"

Mr. May, the player base seems to be very wide!

What gameplay are you bothered about?

Mr. May: the game engine has ® Unreal Engine". What is the difference from the game engine so long?

Kimura: "eFootball™ has been reborn by developing its own soccer game engine based on the expressive power of Unreal ® Engine. When it ® Unreal Engine, the development benefits were huge, didn't they? Up to now, Uiyre has adopted its own game engine, but since it was an engine that was only used in-house, there were not many development cases. Unreal® Engine has been adopted by various titles from other manufacturers, and there are many development examples. It's very easy to create because you can see a lot of examples.

Unreal® Engine allows you to develop for any device in a single development environment. This is a huge advantage in cross-platform. I've just talked about development, but from the player's point of view, I want you to pay attention to the greatness of "Unreal® Engine expressiveness".

Mr. May: I've heard that one-on-one bargaining is evolving in gameplay.

Kimura: I believe that the interesting part of football is still packed one-on-one, and we are focusing on the development of football with an emphasis on bargaining there. It is an image that a wide range of strategies can be taken, such as defense and dodge attack. I'd like to wait for a little more detailed details, but please expect the contents because andres Iniesta on offense and Gerard Pique in defense are supervising the gameplay!

Mr. May: both of them are players that I love, so I'm really looking forward to them! The operation has changed dramatically.

Kimura: We are also trial and error in the operation, so please look forward to future announcements. I just keep adjusting every day, and I think it's getting really interesting and interesting.

The new system of attention is

Mr. May As a new game system, "Team Build Mode" and "Match Pass" will also be implemented. What are these systems?

Kimura: "Team Build Mode" is not so much a completely new game mode as it is equivalent to "myClub" so long. In myClub so long, the so-called "gacha element" has been strong, but in order for players to enjoy it more, it will be possible to nominate and earn favorite players.

"Match Pass" is a mechanism that you can get items that can be earned by nominating your favorite player according to the number of game plays. Both free and paid passes are available. Please wait for the follow-up for more information on the mode.

Mr. May I was surprised at the unexpected answer! Not only the gameplay, but also the system side has been reborn. It's also different from "Scout", which specifies the conditions of the players you can earn.

Kimura: Like scouts, you can get specific players by name. As a result of lowering the hurdle of participation and aiming for "a game that is easy for anyone from beginners to core players to play", it is a system adopted.

Mr. May I also liked the feeling when gacha hit, but if I can win the nomination, I think I can concentrate on "making my own team with my favorite players".

Our goal is to create a world where everyone can aim to be the best in the world.

Mr. May If you can play cross-platform, you will be aware of line problems as a player.

Kimura: We are always troubled. "eFootball™" allows online servers to be common to all platforms and the world. No matter what device you're playing on, if you can participate anywhere in the world and open a tournament where everyone can aim to be the "best person in the world", there's a romance. Therefore, we want to make it with consideration so that the difference in line and device specifications does not come out as much as possible.

Mr. May, I'm excited. I never imagined a server that was common to the whole world. From a professional point of view, until now, players who had won in Japan had a system of going to the world, so many Japanese players who played in world tournaments had little experience playing against overseas players and had difficulties. It is romantic for professional players to be able to match people from all over the world on a daily day.

Kimura: It's a unique point of view for professional esports players. Even for amateur and casual players, it's easy to invite friends because you can play together without any restrictions on location or device. We plan to enhance matching options by limiting the devices of the opponents you are playing against, and prioritizing matching between players who can communicate comfortably.

Mr. May: What are your concepts for the games?

Kimura: I want to make an official tournament that will decide the best in the world. Although we are in the conception stage, we will build a competition so that everyone can participate in each area, device by device, etc. in a way that is right for them.

Mr. May you can play against a variety of devices online, but which devices do you focus on in offline competitions?

Kimura: It's a very difficult part, but I think we're going to choose a device that will have a lot of participants. For input devices, we plan to connect the controllers that we use every day, both on PC and mobile. We will consider allowing players to participate in their favorite environment, but since it is a new attempt, I think you will get various opinions. I would like to reflect such voices and make them fair.

Mr. May "eFootball™" is a way of operating and enjoying it, I think that it will change dramatic from the uiyre until now. I want to study from the start as a professional, and I am really looking forward to new operations and systems. I can't wait for the launch!

Kimura: KONAMI has been making soccer games all along, so I guarantee you fun! We're adding more fun elements to play with than ever before, such as player acquisition and tactics, and we plan to update and expand them from time to time while listening to everyone's voices after launch. Please enjoy the ™ "eFootball" by all means!

Transcribed from the article here - https://game.asahi.com/article/14399508