PESFutebol.com - Pro Evolution Soccer Option Files Community

Welcome to the PES Futebol Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Helpful advice please !
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 am 
IP:

I am playing PES 2021 ( SEASON UPDATE ) ON THE PS4.

After installing the game I created an edit file for the game as it requests, and loaded an option file into it via a USB stick. No problem.

But when I go to transfer that installed option file from this PS4 to ANOTHER PS4 via the same method ( a USB stick ) after following all the steps - i.e. application saved data - saved data on USB drive - copy to storage ) it tells me "there is no saved data". This is weird because the data I'm attempting to transfer was created ( copied ) by the PS4 itself, yet the new one won't recognise it !

Both PS4's have the latest firmware versions and both have the same latest data pack updates installed ( v.4 ). The USB is obviously correctly formatted ( FAT32 ) and the saved data folder is called WEPES. So everything seems right. Yet it still says "there is no saved data." I even tried a different USB and the same result, so the data can't be corrupted.

This is so frustrating and annoying. As an alternative I could transfer all my data / option file edits via connecting them with a LAN cable. But that method appears awkward and would take longer. Using a USB SHOULD be quicker and easier. Yet at present I'm unable to. Anyone know what the problem is and how to get around it ? Otherwise I'm going to have to tediously edit my game all over again manually, which I don't want and shouldn't have to do.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:32 am 
IP:
Site Admin

I do this all the time without issues.

I grab the System File and Edit Save from one PS4 and copy it over either a PS4 or PS5. Make sure that save info is in a folder named PS4.

Then I install the Option File again on the second PS4.

Only reason I copy the System File and Edit Save and install on 2nd PS4 is so I do not have to put everything back in proper structure. But you still have to install the OF.

When I got my PS5 last year, I did same thing.

Make sure you are using same PSN account name on 2nd PS4 as can not share the Edit Data with a different account name.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:42 am 
IP:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated.

"...I grab the System File and Edit Save from one PS4 and copy it..."e.t.c.

Oh yes I DO copy both the system data AND the edit data to the USB. The PS4 as you know, automatically names the resulting folder "PS4".

I haven't actually tried to transfer the data folder to the second PS4 yet. Instead I TESTED IT on the first one, by pretending that it IS the second one. The console should recognise the saved data folder IT ITSELF HAD JUST CREATED. But it doesn't ! It just says "there is no saved data." I presume that if it doesn't recognise it on this one it won't recognise it on the second one either. ( The account names by the way, are the same on both ).

PERHAPS where I MIGHT be going wrong is placing the saved "PS4" folder inside a self created folder named WEPES* ? ( *This action of course, is what is necessary when you first go to install an option file ).

:idea: ***Maybe the WEPES part isn't needed when the data has already been saved previously ?

***I will try this idea out and report back, in case anybody else is having the same problem I'm experiencing. ( I hope it's this simple a solution ! ) :| :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:26 am 
IP:
Site Admin

So create a PS4 folder on your drive for the saves. Your WEPES folder is a separate folder on the drive. Don’t put the PS4 folder in the WEPES folder.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:00 pm 
IP:

[quote="Staff"]So create a PS4 folder on your drive for the saves. Your WEPES folder is a separate folder on the drive. Don’t put the PS4 folder in the WEPES folder.

THAT my friend, I have now found to be the solution. :lol: I was making the mistake of placing the "PS4" folder inside a WEPES folder. That's why the console wasn't recognising it. I had got so used to doing that when installing an option file, but didn't realise that this wasn't necessary when COPYING an already saved file to storage.

I tried it out last night - and it worked ! The saved "PS4" data folder showed up. Only annoying part is that though the edits to the players, teams e.t.c. that I had done manually are preserved, the kits that were originally from the option file ( and my own creations ) don't transfer over too. So I have to reinstall / allocate them individually myself, AGAIN. Time consuming yes, but that's how the process works.

Pity Konami can't enable kits to be transferred as well. It would save a lot of time and hassle.

( I could upload everything to "the cloud" but I must become a PSN member and pay $50 a year for the privilege. Or connect the consoles and transfer with a LAN cable - neither of which appeals to me ).

Thanks again for your prompt responses. :)